Monday, April 30, 2012

Three Flickr Photos - TumblingRun

It is not secret that I generally rely on photos uploaded by some amazing photographers to highlight Iowa's awesomeness on my blog. Many of these are found on Flickr, my favorite photo sharing site. It just goes to prove that there is an artist lurking in each of us and beauty all around waiting to be chronicled. You will find a list of some of my favorite photographers with an Iowan orientation in the sidebar of the blog. I try to do my best to give credit where credit is due and thank these artists for sharing their creations with the world. 

Below are 3 photos from a recent discovery. TumblingRun lives in Cherokee, Iowa and is a retired railroad conductor. He also takes amazing photos of the Iowa countryside. Personally I find trains very romantic and evocative of a more artistic age, so it comes as no surprise to me that a railman would be so in tuned with the open spaces and nooks and crannies of rural America. I am sure these are not the first of his photos I will post.  Enjoy!!

Four FlatsDay's EndThe Old Hog House

No comments:

Post a Comment