Monday, February 28, 2011

Judi Sheppard Missett - Founder of Jazzercise

Alyssa got pregnant at about the same time as the days started getting shorter.  I found myself not able to make it outside in time to jog so she suggested I take over her gym membership for the duration of her pregnancy.  Just the other day she was expressing a little frustration that I had not made it down the hill to the gym.  I have to say that I have an aversion to working out indoors.  I would prefer to risk running into the black bear that lives in our woods than bumping into an over-sized mortgage broker staring at his biceps in the mirror.
Then I found this video.  Not only do my stomach muscles get an instant workout from laughing out loud, but I am oddly inspired to sign up for one of the aerobics classes held at the gym.  It appears that Jazzercise founder Judi Sheppard Missett has done quite well for herself, and although she has left the tall corn of Iowa behind for the sunny days of Southern California, I am sure that her days growing up in Red Oak surely laid the foundation for the stretching, and toning, and spreading, and strengthening of thousands of thighs and sides, and arms and rears throughout the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment