Monday, February 28, 2011

Live at Luther College - Dave Matthews & Tim Reynolds

I was a stubborn teenager who vowed to leave Iowa for college and while I ended up just across the border at St John's University in Minnesota I held true to that promise. Had I stayed in state it is likely that I would have attended either Central College in Pella or Luther College in Decorah. Something about those small private schools with Northern European roots and clean walkways that appealed to me at the time.  Had I ended up at Luther I surely would have been in the audience on February 6, 1996 when Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds performed and recorded what would become one of the best live albums of my generation. Creatively named Live at Luther College the disc features several great tracks including the following.  I tried hard to find an actual video recording of the concert but turned up empty handed. Should you know of one out there please let me know.  

No comments:

Post a Comment